Dance Engagements is dedicated to providing a safe environment for our students, volunteers, staff, and families. As a result, we devised the following COVID-19 safety plan:
- All participants, volunteers, and staff should monitor fever, cough, vomiting, diarrhea, weakness, muscle aches, and congestion. We ask that they stay at home if any symptoms are present. We also ask that participants, volunteers, and staff stay home if anyone in the household is sick.
- Staff, volunteers, and families are asked to confidentially notify Dance Engagements if they have come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Employees who have been exposed will be required to quarantine themselves.
- If a positive test result is reported, we will notify everyone who has come into contact with that person. We will not reveal the name of anyone who has tested positive due to privacy concerns.
- Hand sanitizer is required for all staff, volunteers, dancers, and family members before entering dance class, after using the restroom, and sneezing, coughing, or touching a public space.
- Everyone in class must wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth.
- Everyone who enters the dance studio may have their temperature taken.
- Social distancing will be used in class. Each dancer will be assigned a socially separated marked space to stay in during class.
- A guardian or family member over the age of 21 may accompany each dancer to class.
- Participants will be provided with their own set of props to bring to and from class. There will be no shared props used.
We will continue to monitor and adapt as we do our best to provide classes and services safely and responsibly in the future. Please be aware that as new data becomes available, we may need to update this policy to reflect the new information.